About Abt Electronics
Abt Electronics began in 1936 when Jewel Abt gave $800 to her husband David to start a business. Originally named Abt Radio (since it only sold small electronics) Abt Electronics has since become the place to shop for many people in the Midwest. Starting with three employees in a small storefront in the Logan Square area of Chicago, Abt has grown to more than 1100 employees and occupies 37 acres in Glenview, IL, a suburb of Chicago. Abt now operates 60 large delivery trucks, 45 custom installation trucks, and more than 100 service vans.
With a history of continuous growth in what is a very competitive business, Abt receives more than 90 percent of its business from repeat and referred customers. Abt has withstood intense competition from large chain stores and survived the test of time by giving personal service, providing award winning installations and repair work, maintaining competitive prices and meeting changing customer needs.
In 1998, Abt.com was launched and became one of a handful of authorized online retailers for brands like Sony, Panasonic, Toshiba, Bose and Onkyo. A recent article from the Chicago Tribune stated, "Abt's keys to success are the family's almost fanatical devotion to quality service and competitive pricing, its development of a higher-end niche, its in-the-trenches mode of management and its down-to-earth, low-key approach to selling and showroom decor."
From Abt Electronics' humble beginning, the business has grown over time into one of the largest single-store operations in the country.
Authorized Online Dealer
Being an authorized online retailer allows Abt to provide you with a higher level of protection for your goods and assures you the best possible service available online. When you buy from an authorized dealer, you can rest assured that your purchase will be protected by the manufacturer's warranty.
Award Winning Customer Service
Customers of Abt have toll-free access to highly trained and award winning Customer Service and Technical Advisors, 12 hours a day, seven days a week. Our Technical Advisors can provide solutions for a variety of questions like how to program your DVR to how to set up a home theater system.
Lowest Possible Price
At Abt, we strive to give our customers the best service and pricing available anywhere. If you find a better price on any product at another retailer, we will do everything possible to meet or beat that price (before or after the sale). Simply contact us for more information. Please note that complete competitorâ??s price is subject to matching, including any shipping and handling and tax charges. No other offers or discounts may apply to price match. One time price match applies within the first 30 days of purchase.
Abt does not collect sales tax on any item ordered to customers outside our normal truck delivery area. If you live within Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana or Michigan, you will incur taxes at the rates listed. IL residents pay 8.75% sales tax, WI sales tax is determined by delivery point (5% to 6.1%), IN residents pay 7% sales tax, and MI residents pay 6% sales tax. You may be required to remit sales tax to your local taxing authority.
Number of ratings: 597
Most in-stock items should arrive on your doorstep within 1 to 6 business days after we receive your order.
Freight Shipping For Overweight And Oversized Items
This delivery type is used for heavy and oversized items (large TVs, large furniture and large appliances). This service includes delivery to the main entrance or garage (but does not include stairs). This service does not include unpacking, plugging in, installation or debris removal. White glove service is available for an additional fee on most items. Delivery is available to physical addresses in the lower 48 states. We can not ship to PO Boxes or freight forwarders. Extra charges may apply for delivery after business hours or on a weekend. Expedited shipping is not available on freight orders. Confirmation of your order and delivery will be sent via e-mail or a phone call. Outside shipping company will contact you directly to arrange for a convenient delivery time. You will experience delays if the shipping company can not contact you.
Processing Time: 1-24 hours
Delivery Time: Between 3 and 10 business days
Total Ship Time: 4 to 11 days
- Delivery time frames are approximations. If there are delays, we will do our best to let you know.
- At the present time, we are unable to accept or ship orders outside of the US.
- Abt does not ship to Post Office (PO) boxes.
- We can ship products weighing 25 lbs or less to APO/FPO addresses. You must call our shipping department to get a price quote on delivery for this service.
- Orders to Alaska and certain parts of Hawaii can only be shipped via UPS Next Day Air. Some orders to Hawaii can be shipped UPS Ground but fees will apply. Orders to Puerto Rico can only be shipped via USPS (postal service). None of these areas qualify for the free shipping promotion.
- Remote locations may increase shipping time and cost of shipment. Customers will be notified prior to shipment. Additional charges may be added for freight services if you live in a remote location, a location where a delivery company must access bridges or ferries, or if you live near or in the upper peninsula of Michigan (anywhere north of Green Bay, WI, Grand Rapids, MI or Detroit, MI). Please check dimensions before you order to be sure your products will fit through doors and around corners in your home.
- A signature is required on orders above $200.
- Return charges will be collected when an item is undeliverable because no one is present to receive the package or if the shipping address is entered incorrectly at the time of purchase.
- All built-in appliances are curbside drop off only.
For questions regarding shipping or delivery, please contact Abt via one of the following methods:
You can return an item within the first 30 days from the shipping date. We'll gladly exchange it or give you a refund for the full amount of the merchandise-whichever you prefer. All returned or exchanged items must be in their original box and include packing material, manuals, and all accessories. Customers are responsible for return shipping costs and a 10% restocking fee will be collected on all opened items unless shipped damaged or defective and must be reported within 24 hours upon receiving the product. When your returned product arrives at Abt, either a refund will be issued or we will exchange your product and send a new one out to you. If you have received a defective unit, some manufacturers may require one service call to diagnose the issue.
- 15 day limit on the return of camcorders, digital cameras, GPS navigation, PDAs, portable DVD players, computers & accessories, sunglasses and watches.
- 10% restocking fee for all opened items unless damaged or defective.
- Opened satellite boxes & systems (or activated cards) may not be returned. Exchanges can be done through the manufacturer.
- No returns on opened computer software, video games and gaming systems.
- Perishable items (water filters, coffee beans, etc.) cannot be returned.
- Free shipping (and reduced shipping) promos do not apply to return/exchange shipping on freighted items (50 lbs or more).
How To Return
1. Call us at 1-800-914-1892 to request a RA (Return Authorization) number. Items cannot be returned and will not be accepted if you do not include a RA number. If you think an item you ordered might be defective, please call Abt technical support at 1-800-914-1892. Often, they can help you solve setup and installation problems by troubleshooting with you over the phone. If it turns out you do need to return a product, call the Abt customer service department at 1-800-914-1892 and have your invoice number ready.
2. Pack up your merchandise. The item should be returned in the manufacturer's box with all accessories (manual, remote, wires, etc.) along with a copy of your original invoice. Please use the original outside box. A safely packaged and complete return is less likely to incur damage or a restocking fee. Please contact us for instructions on how to pack oversized or freighted items.
3. Attach the appropriate shipping labels. Remove old shipping labels or mark out the original tracking numbers before attaching the new shipping labels. We recommend that you use UPS Ground Service "Insured." To find the nearest UPS location, please call (800) PICK-UPS. If you live within the Chicago area, you can return or exchange your merchandise directly at our store.
Refusing A Package
If you should place an order with Abt and then refuse a package for any reason other than damage to the package, please know that you will receive a refund for the amount of your original transaction less any shipping charges we incurred in getting the package to you originally as well as the cost of the return shipping.